What makes an NFT Stamp so special?
The Non-fungible tokens (NFT) stamp is a new generation of stamps that have a digital counterpart in the blockchain.
In addition to the physical stamp, the digital twin is also a collectible.
- Open Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome
- Go to https://metamask.io/ and follow the instructions to install MetaMask
- Open MetaMask and save your 12-word code. It is essential that you write it down somewhere safe. The password combination cannot be restored if lost.
- Now you can create your Wallet.
An NFT is a unique digital item that represents real world objects. NFTs are built on blockchain technology, which allows them to be bought and sold online, frequently using cryptocurrency.
You can buy the NFT stamps through www.emiratespostshop.ae or from Emirates Post Customer Happiness Centres
Your NFT stamp will be stored on your digital wallet if you already have one.
To protect yourself from scammers on trade platforms always check back for the smart contract address. The smart contract for the UAE Jubilee NFT Stamp can be found here: https://polygonscan.com
Open the package and scan the QR-Code on the frontside of the card. This will lead you to the unique NFT of your stamp.
Now you can see your digital counterpart of your NFT stamp. If you want, you can transfer the 'digital twin' of your NFT stamp to your own wallet.
The NFT stamp contains a locked cryptographic NFC-Chip. Hold your NFT stamp up to your smartphone or an NFC reader. Any smartphone with NFC capability can read the chip.
The NFC Chip contains a weblink to your stamp with a verification code. The web service will check for authenticity and present the result (valid/expired/invalid)
Please check your smartphone´s description for the exact NFC positioning.
Now you can start your own NFT stamp collection online.
Every NFT Stamp comes with a unique wallet with the digital asset connected to it. Just enter the 'secret wordlist' found on the backside of the card under the security label. You can add your NFT stamp to your digital wallet if you already have one.
Every stamp comes with its own digital wallet
You will need an Ethereum enabled browser to add your NFT Stamps. An example would be Metamask
Yes, each stamp has its own wallet, once you activate the NFT stamp you will have your own wallet.
To do so you have two options:
- If you already have a digital wallet: Enter the 'secret word list' (seed phrase) or scan the QR Code under the security scratch field, enter your personal wallet address and use the transfer method on your NFT page
- If you are new to NFT and don’t have a wallet yet, you can use the digital wallet that comes with the stamp. Simply download any preferred digital crypto wallet (like MetaMask) and insert the 'secret word list' (seed phrase) when registering.
NFC stands for Near Field Communication and is a standard for special microchips that can communicate with modern smartphones.
Our NFT stamps has a built-in NFC chip to verify the authenticity of the stamp.
When you put your smartphone close to the NFT stamp, the smartphone communicates with the NFC and checks whether the NFT stamp is authentic.
Your secret word list should not be accessible to anyone